Abstract Submission Guidelines
Welcome to the 17th Biennial Congress of EAOM. It is with great pleasure that we thank you for your contribution by sending a poster or oral presentation abstract. Here you can find information about submitting scientific presentations.
Abstracts must be submitted electronically from April 15, 2021 until June 15, 2021.
The corresponding author will receive all correspondence concerning the abstract and is responsible for informing co-authors of the status of the submitted abstract. The corresponding author will gain access to the abstract on-line after the submission process has started, via a personal username and password which will be sent after the preliminary submission. Changes to the abstract can be made up until the submission deadline of June 15, 2021.
Notification regarding the decision of acceptance or rejection will be sent to the corresponding author around mid-July 2021.
All presenting authors must have registered for the congress and paid the registration fee before the Early Bird registration deadline of June 30, 2021 to be allowed to present the abstract at the Congress, and for the abstract to be published in the congress program. Registrants may only present one poster or one oral presentation.
Abstracts accepted for posters or oral presentations may be published in a scientific journal decided by the EAOM Board on the condition that the presenting author has registered for the congress and paid the registration fee. Registrants may only present one poster or one oral presentation.
Upon submission, indicate a preferred type of presentation. Oral presentations will last for 15 minutes (approximately 10-12 minutes presentation and 3 minutes for discussion).
• Abstracts must be written in English.
• It is the author’s responsibility to ensure that the abstract is grammatically correct.
• The abstract will appear in the online congress program and should provide a summary of the poster or oral presentation.
• All abstracts must not exceed 250 words including subtitles.
• Please follow the instructions of the abstract submission form carefully.
• The Scientific Program Committee will make the final decision regarding the type of presentation for accepted abstracts. All abstracts will be reviewed and scored. Those with the highest score or with particularly interesting results will be invited to give a live oral presentation during the congress. Other accepted abstracts will be presented as posters or as previously recorded oral presentations.
Upon submission, indicate one of the following topics which best describes the content of the paper:
• Aphthous stomatitis
• Behavioural dentistry
• Bullous or Immuno-bullous disorders and other immune-mediated diseases
• Burning mouth syndrome
• Cancer and cancer therapy
• Dental management of medically compromised patients
• Dental management of patients with special needs
• Diagnostics/laboratory medicine
• Infectious diseases/HIV
• Medical management/pharmacology
• Oral complications of drugs
• Oral leukoplakia and other potentially malignant disorders
• Oral lichenoid lesions
• Orofacial pain/temporomandibular disorders (TMD)
• Other oral mucosal lesions
• Saliva/salivary gland disorders
• Sleep disorders
• Taste disorders/Halitosis
• Any other topic
When your abstract is submitted you can follow the progress on-line by entering your personal page. Your personal page makes it possible for you to:
• make changes in your submission
• read, edit and print your abstract
You will be able to access your personal page by entering your unique user ID and password indicated in your confirmation email upon submission.